In years past, book promotion relied heavily on the traditional press and its success hinged on getting the right publication to review it. Today, authors, like Anthony Tata have an incredible advantage; along with millions of bloggers, social media networks allow audiences to share their thoughts with their friends through a simple click. Here are some simple techniques for using social media to help your book go viral.
- Give away the first chapter of your book as an immediately accessible PDF and embed a retweet button throughout the chapter. This allows people the opportunity to easily share what they’ve read with friends on Twitter.
- You can make it easy for people to share your book with friends by creating a ‘Spread the Word’ page on your book promo site.
- Get people excited about your book by designing a Facebook photo contest. Participants simply have to take a creative photo with the words “Help me Launch.”
- Add social share buttons to your web page. These buttons allow people to share your page on social media.
- A fun way to get people talking about your book is by leveraging photos on your Facebook page.